News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

digitrax decoders

Started by JRB, June 18, 2007, 04:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRB

I have an 80 ton three truck shay, a 50 to climax and a saddle tanker that I need to install digitrax decoders in. I do not know how to take the engines apart to install the decoders. Please help me.

Thank you.

Jack

Nigel

Jack;

Do a search using Google, and you will find more than one set of instructions on-line for each of your models.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

ebtbob

Nigel,

I am not afraid to look stupid to anyone,  actually,  it comes second nature to me,  but I think you have an opporunity to be of great help to the many who may be shy from asking what I am about to ask.
      Both you and Hunt are always trying to encourage people to search out information for themselves and here is where I struggle.
      Let us take your piece of adivce in this thread.   How would I start my search?   Just for the equipment or equipment and mention of disassembly.   The reason I ask,  I have tried this type of search before and get hopelessly lost in a very short period of time.

Bob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

cmgn9712

As Nigel points out, you need to learn how to search for what you want. Start with the model - "Bachmann Shay". If you don't get what you need, try "Bachmann Shay decoder". Every decoder company has their own site. Many have complete instructions. There are also independant places like Tonys Train Exchange. You will fimd more material than you could ever read.

WoundedBear

Try this link for the Shay.........

http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4677

Bachmann's own site has the diagrams for the Shay and the Climax under "diagrams" at this link...

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/index.php

Sid

cact25

Sid,

That is how everybody should answer a question when it is asked, rather than telling somebody to just go google it.

Jim