News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ho 2 truck Climax

Started by RailMan, February 01, 2011, 09:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan

I am in need of a motor for the 2 truck climax. Went on the site and bachmann does not show the motor in there parts for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

richg

Is it really a defective motor? What is happening when you try to run the loco. Did you get a burning smell when trying to run the loco? Maybe a track pickup issue, broken motor wire?
The two truck is also known to have a cracked gear issue which might seem like  defective motor.

Rich

RailMan

Yes the motor is shot. I bought this from someone claiming it was new but when I received it only the lights came on and would not run so I proceeded to take it apart and check out the motor, well!! when I turned the worm gear I felt something sticking in the motor my guess the brushes are toast. my guess someone tried this on DCC and killed the motor.

richg

I seriously doubt DCC killed the motor if the loco had a decoder. Probably misuse or the gears locked up burning out the motor.
Running a DC loco with no decoder and using a DCC controller like the EZ Command that can run a loco like this might damage the motor.
What is the resistance, if any when you put your ohm meter on the motor terminals? Many HO scale motors usually are around 100 ohms or so.
Is there a burnt smell?
Can you rotate the motor shaft and see the mechanism operate?

There are many motors on ebay if you no the specs of the motor in your loco and have done motor replacements.

Rich

RailMan

The engine had no decoder in it just the dummy plugs. This is a can motor so you can't see anything only the binding in the motor when you spin the shaft. Been checking on ebay and everywhere else and anyone who has one is holding on to them waiting for gear replacement. I talked to Dave at NWSL and gave him the specs on the motor but another problem is taking off the worm gear and flywheel, He would have to make a tool for that, thing is really small this is why I am looking for a replacement with flywheel and gear in place. Can motors have there plus sides but the open frame motor is much easier you work with.