News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decals for C.N. steamers

Started by Colli, February 01, 2011, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colli

While Bachmann does some Canadian National steamers, they don't do all of them so I am obliged to get undecorated models and I am trying to find a decal manufacturer that does the Square Heralds and numbers for the old steamers. Would any one out there have any source they can recommend.

Thanks guys.  BTW.  According to Wikipedia Canadian National is the fourth largest railroad in North America yet there is very little product available. I know Atlas and Athearn put some stuff out but the amounts are small in comparison to B.N.S.F., U.P.and many others.

Regards Colli.  Elma and Contour R.R.

ACY

Champ made them if I'm not mistaken..here it is I think...
1548HH36 27in WHT/ORNG/BLK MAPLE LEAF AVAILABLE HO Scale Canadian National Champion Decal Co $1.30
Here is the link: http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/index_home.php?manufacturers_id=190

*Corrected info

Colli

Thanks ACY, I checked out that site and yes your right they do have them, not the number you gave me, ( That's for that other railroad ) but I did find the right number.
I will have to check with them, the herald I am looking for is the Red Square with Canadian National in it.

Regards, Colli.

ACY

Sorry I thought you said CP, but you said CN.

rogertra

Quote from: Colli on February 01, 2011, 04:49:08 PM
While Bachmann does some Canadian National steamers, they don't do all of them so I am obliged to get undecorated models and I am trying to find a decal manufacturer that does the Square Heralds and numbers for the old steamers. Would any one out there have any source they can recommend.

Thanks guys.  BTW.  According to Wikipedia Canadian National is the fourth largest railroad in North America yet there is very little product available. I know Atlas and Athearn put some stuff out but the amounts are small in comparison to B.N.S.F., U.P.and many others.

Regards Colli.  Elma and Contour R.R.

There is little Canadian product about.

Lettering a stock Bachmann or any other manufacturer's diesel or steam locomotive "Canadian National" or "Canadian Pacific" does not make  it an accurate Canadian model as there are detail differences between GMD and Alco diesels that ran in Canada and the U.S.A..  There's nothing in the Bachmann line, other than the 2-10-2 which comes close, nor in any other manufacturer's line that's anything like an accurate Canadian steamer.

Colli

Thanks Roger, I am not into total authenticity I just like the look of the old steamers and enjoy watching them on my layout. After all isn't that what the hobby is all about , enjoyment.

Regards, Colli.

Colli

If Anyone else is looking for these type decals I have found them at MicroScale, the number for the oblong shaped orange heralds is 87 1019.

Colli.