Main Menu

layout

Started by jboot111, February 06, 2011, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jboot111

i just changed my layout and want a few tips

Doneldon

jb111-

Do some things differently but leave others the way they are. It will be possible to explain more completely if you tell or show us something about your layout. I look forward to future posts from you.
                                                                                                                                           -- D

jboot111

i have a two track yard and one track that goes right through (not mainline) and on my mainline i have a station and a stub ended siding along with a passing siding and a tunnel (aka my old thomas table)

jward

what is it that you are actually asking?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jboot111

just like ideas to upgrade my layout because im bored with it right now

jward

add an incline up to a second level of track. maybe a bridge or two over the lower level, and a couple of spur tracks to some factories. then start delivering cars to all those factories, and pulling loaded cars. send the loaded cars to other factories on your line. in other words, get away from just watching your trains chase themselves around an oval. that gets boring really quick. give your railroad a purpose......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jboot111

Quote from: jward on February 07, 2011, 07:57:30 PM
add an incline up to a second level of track. maybe a bridge or two over the lower level, and a couple of spur tracks to some factories. then start delivering cars to all those factories, and pulling loaded cars. send the loaded cars to other factories on your line. in other words, get away from just watching your trains chase themselves around an oval. that gets boring really quick. give your railroad a purpose......

the problem here is im stuck with a batman train and i dont have the stuff to go onto my table it is so small too i can avoid the train chasing itself by running into my bumpers