News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale 3 truck Bachmann Climax locomotive

Started by Fred A, February 06, 2011, 05:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred A

G'day:

Just wondering about the 3 truck Climax, has anybody had any trouble with the gears and driveline yet?,

I would like to purchase one of these models and seeing I had my fingers burnt with the 2 truck Climax, I am hesitant until

I get some feed back on the current model.

Thanks in advance

richg

Not aware of any issues so far. The locos are quite new.

Rich

Fred A

I guess I will eventually find out about any problems with the 3 truck climax, hopefully , mine will be leaving the States today.

I also bought the replacement gears and shafts for the 2 truck climax awhile back, and these were fitted with no problems and the loco runs fine.

Fred

ReadingT1

I have 3 truck brand new and it jerks along as i moved down the rails. theres something thats  binding or not seated right that i cannot  get to, so will let bachmann have at it

RailMan

Quote from: Fred A on February 17, 2011, 12:11:28 AM
I guess I will eventually find out about any problems with the 3 truck climax, hopefully , mine will be leaving the States today.

I also bought the replacement gears and shafts for the 2 truck climax awhile back, and these were fitted with no problems and the loco runs fine.

Fred

Where did you buy the gears and shafts for the 2 truck climax from Dave at NWSL, He had re powered a loco for me and I had asked him about the gears for the climax and he told me he was not making them.

Geared Steam

Quote from: RailMan on February 17, 2011, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: Fred A on February 17, 2011, 12:11:28 AM

Fred

Where did you buy the gears and shafts for the 2 truck climax from Dave at NWSL, He had re powered a loco for me and I had asked him about the gears for the climax and he told me he was not making them.

I would guess he got them from Bachmann parts catalog on this website.

WTierce1

There is a vid of it on youtube called 3 truck climax. (I recorded it.) You can see it run and here me in the background.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Fred A

Sorry for the delay in answering, just starting to get on my feet from a cyclone that went through the area and left lots of tree damage.

I contacted Bridget at Bachmanns when I heard of the parts availability and was given the necessary info of what was needed.

The new 3 truck climax was jerky until I run this loco in, seems to be ok now, did notice the long drive shaft between the gearbox and the rear truck has the mounting hole in the universal drilled off centre, so the shaft runs out of true so to speak.

Apart from that, the loco seems to be running ok.