DCC decoders for Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0 & 2-8-2

Started by Dave R, January 14, 2011, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave R

Hi

I took the plunge and have now bought a Bachmann EZ Dynamis Controller 36-505 and booster amp 36-520 (5 amps) for my two large scale loco's listed above. Both were sold to me as DCC compatible, but I need advice as which decoders I need i.e. ones that allow smooth drive operation and are easy to fit into my loco's - preferably plug in. I would like sound as well, but believe these are after market accessories e.g. Tsunami? What are the Bachmann decoders like? By the way, I have plently of LGB brass track.

Can anyone give me some help? As you will realise, I'm not exactly an expert - in fact, am a complete novice.

Dave R

big mike

will the bachmann easy command DCC system run the large  scale spectrum three truck shay?

NarrowMinded

Are you running those loco's outside, I'm not sure the dynamis IR will work well, if at all outside.

I put tsunami tsu1000 light steam decoders in my Large scale locos they sound and run great they are a ton of fun when you program them with extra accel/decel which is a snap, the brake feature F11 is also fun, when set up (it's easy) pressing f11 applies the brake at a rate you set and the brakes squeal as the loco slows to a stop. that's the part most of my non RRhobbiest friends love the most.

NM