News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann ez track black road bed

Started by kjtyo4, February 09, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjtyo4

I was wondering this track the steel alloy wont have a problem in my house. It will be used for my sons and daughters wall trains for there rooms. I am setting up the thomas and friends in there rooms.
Please let me know
thank you
Kenny.

ACY

I would recommend upgrading to the nickel-silver, as this will work much better in the long run.

kjtyo4

Ok I didn't think it would hurt being indoors, but the nickel silver woud hold up better.
Kenny

jward

the main problem with steel track is that you need to clean it more often. it can also rust if used in a high humidity area. i assume your wall racks for these trains will be up pretty high? if so you won't want to be up there cleaning track all the time. dirty track means the trains run poorly, if at all.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

kjtyo4

I understand plus I can get some great deals on ebay for it to. The room is only 7 foot hight but I see what you aare getting at puse I run some wd40 sprayed on a cloth and I wipe the tracks Helps clean and gets rid of jerky operation. Depending on how musch it is ran I  had a small round table lay out and I did this once a week. Ussaly ran about 2 hours a day.
Kenny