News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

walthers roundhouse

Started by full maxx, February 23, 2011, 09:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

What's the difference in walthers 2900 and the 3041 roundhouses the 3041 is less expensive
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Len

The 2900 is a "modern" American style roundhouse. It includes parts to extend one stall from 125ft to 145ft for larger locomotives. The 3041 is an older style generic roundhouse designed to hold 'average' size locos, with no extra parts to extend a stall.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

r0bert

the 3401 is setup for the 90' turntable, while the 2900 will work with thw new 130' table.

full maxx

both of you have gave me the exact answers that I was looking for....thank you very much
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

KUDOS to the designer of the Walters roundhouse...the parts were laid out great and fit together like a glove ... now I just need to get the proper distance from the turntable (hint hint) , lay and wire the track and I'm guessing a little blob of glue at the back of the stalls would keep the rails from coming up... I know once the engine starts in the stall it would make the rails keep proper distance apart

full maxx