HO 3-truck Climax diagrams?

Started by LooseClu, February 22, 2011, 01:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseClu

What is up with the newest HO Climax diagrams?  While listed in the index, nothing comes up when you try to access them on Bachmann's service & parts pages.  I am trying to figure out what I need to salvage off the large circuit board in the third truck tender when I convert it to a two truck model.  Is there anyone out there who can tell me which resistors I should salvage (or get replacement for) and what can be tossed?  There is no room for that oversized circuit board in the smaller 2nd truck tender.  I plan to install a micro Tsunami sound decoder (it will fit) and squeeze a small speaker into the roof of the cab.  Somewhere between the decoder and the lights I know I'll need resistors but I don't know what resistors nor exactly where to insert them (I suspect one in each of the blue common positive leads going to the front and rear lights).  I'd feel a lot better if someone who knew could tell me what to do. Thanks in advance for any help.
Roy   

richg

Its obvious that those links are bing worked on. Other loco diagrams show up.
All you need is a 1k resistor for LED lights. Nothing else. I have hard wired  Spectrum's and other locos that way.
The Micro comes with instructions. I have installed those.
The Micros do not come with plugs.
Solder splice each lead and put small shrink around each splice. No bare wires anywhere.
You do not need a PC board.

Rich

Bucksco

The Exploded views are now available.

richg

Here is part of the card that comes with the Micro. I indicated where the resistor fits in series with one lead of the lighting wires. You can put the resistors with the cathode or anode lead.
For those not paying attention, the resistors are for only the LED, not the 12-16v lamps.

Below is a link to LED info for the anode and cathode leads. Your loco will no doubt have wires going to the LED.
Be aware, sometimes Bachmann does not use all standard NMRA colors for wires.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm

Go to Radio Shack and buy a copper clad PC board with copper strips on it and make your own PC board. I have done that with some of my installs. I buy Vero board from a seller in the UK who ships the stuff to the USA at a resolvable charge.
I put a dab of Walther's Goo on the side of the cap and a dab where it will sit. Wait a couple minutes and press the cap into place. Let dry for an hour or so.

Ok, everyone, save the message and download the photo and save the LED link. You or someone else will be interested in the info.

Rich

LooseClu

Thanks for the help guys; I'm still fumbling along but now have a better idea of where I'm going.  The Bachmann folks got their exploded view diagrams back up as well. 
Roy