News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 tender

Started by BNSF/ATSF, March 08, 2011, 04:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNSF/ATSF

I sent an email to the service desk but since this not a failure from the manufacturer's viewpoint, they may not assist me.

I just got one of these new jewels and like it a lot. But I wanted a smaller tender, the default tender is too large for my taste. I replaced it with a tender 2/3 the size of the default tender and close coupled it. I soldered the loco and tender power pickup directly together without using the drawbar or the power board and the engine runs great. But there is no headlight. One side of the headlight connects to the red power lead (the manual shows that in their instructions to bypass the DCC), but where does the other one go?

What am I missing that was on the power board? Diode, resistor, or something else? I would prefer to not have to use the non DCC half of the board because I want to add sound later and need the room for the decoder and the speaker.

skipgear

The headlight lead will need a diode and resistor on it. There is no resistor on the headlight pc board in the front of the loco. I scavaged them from the factory board when I did a smaller tender/different decoder swap.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

BNSF/ATSF

What value of resistor did you use, please?

skipgear

I used the one that was on the light board. If I didn't use that I usually try between 600 and 1000 ohm resistance. It depends on the loco and how bright I want it.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950