News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum K4 Pilot truck screw

Started by slik_karl, March 09, 2011, 09:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slik_karl

I was operating my K-4 on the club layout and after a little while discovered the the pilot truck screw had fallen out. Our layout is rather large and after an hour of searching I could not find the hardware (screw, spring, and flat washer). Can you tell me where to find replacements? I went threw the Bachmann parts/service web pages and there is no part listing for these items anywhere.
                                                  Thanks Karl

ebtnut

I looked at the parts sheet for the K-4, and it appears that you have to get the entire pilot truck assembly - part no. H84017.    It comes with the truck itself along with the screw, spring and washer.  You should be able to call the parts line and they can help you.

Doneldon

karl-

Another possibility, assuming you have another K4, would be to take the screw, spring and washer from it to a hardware store and see if you can find equivalents. Many hardware stores have large banks of little bins and boxes full of all sorts of hardware including springs. I believe that will be the iffy part to match. You could purchase a couple of springs which seem to be the same size and springiness and test them. This would be a whole lot cheaper than buying the whole assembly with a replacement truck.

Did you try moving a magnet around the club layout to see if it would attract the lost pieces which evaded your visual search? Just a thought.

Whatever you do, good luck with the repair.
                                                                                   -- D

slik_karl

Thanks for the replies. I ran a magnet around where I could...some places are unreachable.

ebtnut

Be aware if you go shopping for screws that most of the Bachmann models use metric screws, which are a lot harder to find at your local hardware store.  My guess is that the pilot truck screw is probably a 2 mm thread.