DCC switchs will not respond to Dynamis Pro Box commands.

Started by John The Sailor, March 05, 2011, 05:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John The Sailor

After programing a new locomotive on the service track with my Dynamis Pro Box all 15 of my DCC switch decoders stopped working and will not function.  I have been reduced to switching them all by hand.  Nothing I have tried will get them to work.  I suspect the problem to be in the digital command control box but I am not sure.  When I press the individual programing button on the switches they toggle twice but do not respond to the switch buttons on the function mode of the Dynamis hand set.  Can anyone lead me onto the right track to get my switches functioning again?  I have become quite frustrated over this problem.  Thanks to anyone who might offer suggestions.
John

richd286

Finally someone else...   I have the same problem.  I was contacted by the technical team from Bachmann, but have not had a chance to call them back since I am at the office when Bachmann is in the office and they usually ask a question I can't answer away from the layout.  It happened earlier and Bachmann replaced the switches.  I added more and then one day they all stopped again and will not reprogram.  I have tried them each individually and and nothing happens.  I added the pro-box, for other reasons, and one message from Bachmann said that using the Pro-Box might help.  I didn't.   When I try to read the CV on anything I get a reading that does not make sense.  I have read everything I can lay my hands on about programming CV.  My locomotives respond correctly to variables but I can not read them.   I am beginning to thing that there is something wrong with the Command Station.  Accessories seem to be such a simple function and I agree that it is a very frustrating situation.  When it did work, moving freight around the layout was a lot of fun.....  I owe Bachmann a call and I will post here how that goes.  Please do the same.  Rich

John The Sailor

Rich,
I will give them a call.  I will get back to you with their response.  I've been expanding my layout with these switches because they do eliminate the need to wire in new components to make them work.  But when something like this happens it makes you wonder if you should go with components that are readable from the hand set.  But first I will give Bachmann a chance to address this issue.
John

richd286

John,
I called Bachmann on Monday and spoke to one of their service techs.  I must admit that the level of concern and feedback was very good... they always are.  He acknoledged that there have been a number of issues related to Dynamis and a sustained programming of DCC switches reported.  They are trouble shooting and will get back to me.

John The Sailor

Rich,
I'm glad you also had a positive response from Bachmann.  When I called I also received good service.  In my case they want me to try a new control system.  They are sending one out to me for the experiment. Apparently they do not have their finger on the button yet as to what is causeing these switches to stop functioning but it looks like they are serious about working on it.  And besides that, they did not just blow me off or drop my call.  I have had that happen before with another company when I had a problem with one of their products.  I will keep you posted with the results.  I'm glad that you finally called back to them also.
John