News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need help, TSU-1000 install in 4-4-0

Started by bigblock454, March 26, 2011, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblock454

Hey guys, I'm back. I lost my favorite hobby partner, friend, and Dad last month... wasn't sure I could/would continue without him. Anyway, I'm installing tsunami decoder in DCC 4-4-0. Was wondering what all those diodes, resistors, etc are doing on the circuit board that I've been suggested to plug the decoder into. Is it ok to keep those in place?? I ordered the 8 pin to 9pin adapter as well as a few 8-pin nmra connectors from litchfield, the latter in case I decide I don't want to cut the covering on the new decoder. I've seen a few articles on the web where people are doing similar swaps, but unclear as to whether or not to remove components from existing board. Thanks for any advice or tips.

bigblock454

Thank you for your kindness. My "ol' man" was awesome (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-backstory-norman-warfield-20110318,0,6411178.story) and us discovering On30, and enjoying it together really made his last few months fun (what a neat scale). Dad's "#12" is a narrow gauger, which made it even more fun!! Anyway, your kindness, again is appreciated... as is your help. I'll be using my just received NMRA 8-pin connectors, and soldering the new decoder to one of them and then just plugging it into the existing circuit board... sounds EZ enough. Finding the appropriate wires to attach to new back headlamp shouldn't be a problem, but can you tell me if I can just hook up directly from decoder, or do I need to add some kind of diode or resistor? I'm using the LED back up lamp assembly from bachmanns 4-6-0... Thanks again... Cheers!

Norm' Jr.

bigblock454

Good info there... thanks again.

Norm' Jr.