News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HOn2 1/2

Started by ebtnut, March 18, 2011, 02:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

I see that the HOn2 1/2 0-4-0T's are in.  Anyone had a chance to assess how much trouble it would be to regauge them to HOn3?  The Plymouth is pretty easy to wide-guage. 

ryeguyisme

I'd say just spacing out the axles and wheels a bit at a time ought to do it, can't be that far off in scale. I was planning on getting one of those, but for HOn2.5, wish there was more of an HOn30 selection but I'll just have to settle for milling some MDC consolidation frames down to run on that track

RAM

How big is one inch in HO?

OldTimer

An HO inch is 1/87"
OldTimer   ;)

Just workin' on the railroad.

Doneldon

RAM-

Or 87" if you're going the other way.

-- D

Woody Elmore

HO uses a ratio of 3.5 mm to one foot. So dividing 3.5 by 12 yields the measure of an inch to be 0.291 mm.

Joe Satnik

Dear ebtnut,

Please provide a link to the locos you are referencing.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ebtnut

Joe:  Here's a link that shows the loco in profile.  They were just shipped two weeks ago, so there aren't a lot of actual photos that I could quickly locate.  This is same basic model that was done by Minitrains back in the 1970's, but it is supposed to have a whole new mechanism. 

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/model-trains-and-accessories/minitrains-5060-porter-steam-locomotive-and-8-car-set-black-no-lettering-hon30-runs-on-n-gauge-track-9mm

WoundedBear

Big City Hobbies is the company behind it all. There are numerous vendors as well.

http://www.bigcityhobbies.com/

Sid

WTierce1

I have a video of a set running at the WGH train-show in Atlanta. My channel name is WTierce1 if you want to see it. And by the way Hon2.5 is Hon30 (They run on N scale track), I know because I have a set but not steam.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

ebtnut

Getting back to my original question - anyone tackled how to disassemble the steamer yet?  With the diesel, the superstructure appears to just be a press fit to the frame.