Great Northern Loco/ passenger car availability

Started by MAGER, March 23, 2011, 01:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGER

Does anyone know if Bachmann will release their Great Northern F7A/B and passenger car (the non-domed one) for seperate purchase, possibly with DCC? These units come in their new Empire Builder train set. However, I have no need for Bachmann's EZtrack/power pack.

BestSnowman

It would be nice if they did (hope they do!) but you could always sell the track and power pack on ebay or HO Yard Sale.

As for DCC I'd almost rather then be DCC ready as I prefer to pick my own decoder. Even better if they were Sound friendly. I would definitely jump at the idea of having an A-B-A or A-B-B-A set in GN, especially if it was sound upgradeable.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

ACY

An easy solution is to buy Bachmann FTs with DCC and switch the FT shells with the GN F7 shells since the difference between the locomotives in HO scale is negligible and not noticeable and voila you have GN F7s with DCC.
The passenger car can probably be found on ebay or at a train show. As far as Bachmann's plans to make any of these, only the Bachmann can answer that, but if I had to say, I would not count on it.

MAGER

Thank you for your replies. I would love to get the Empire Builder HO train set. I suppose I can add on cars as money allows.