News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC/DCC Controllers

Started by meschke1989, March 24, 2011, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meschke1989

Actually, all of my locos are DC except one.  The one that is DCC came as part of a Bachmann ready to run set that included a DC controller.  I would therefore assume that it is safe to run the DCC loco with DC power without running the risk of damage?

richg

The Bachmann DCC on board can be run on DC. You just have to crank the power pack up higher than a loco without DCC on board.
Since this is a Bachmann forum, I can only suggest the EZ Command system.
There are a couple systems that can run one DC loco and the rest DCC locos but are not Bachmann.
Maybe someone can PM you with the other brands.

Rich

Burto

I recently reinvented myself by reading extensively on model railroads.About thirty years ago I had a few DC locos' for my boys'.They were forgotten until I pulled them out for my 5yo grandson.I became interested and have learnt a little about DC and DCC during reading over the past five months.I've purchased lots of locos.freight  cars and scenics in that time,predominantly from the USA.I have become a fan of Bachmann because in all areas it represents true value for money.I have bought some other brands including one with sound.I have heaps of DCC Bachmann locos.I've noticed that some tend to 'bag' items after having  one bad experience.I have ordered a new DC controller with many features and a new Bachmann EZ Command for DCC control.I propose a separate 8'x4' simple DC  layout and a more complex detailed layout for DCC.This decision was made following the extensive reading.If I wish to get involved with club layouts or a huge home layout I will upgrade to the higher powered Digital Control Units, but for now the EZ Command will perform more than I wish to do.I suggest you read widely,weigh up the alternatives and move forward with a system that suits your needs and your budget.Do not listen to those who only make negative comments.
  You can trust Bachmann!Sure can.
  Burto

Jerrys HO

I agree with Burito. I to am just getting back into modeling and I think Bachmann has done a great job. I read this forum everyday and find great articles to help me out. I am totally E Z Command on my 12x12x10.5 layout and have no problems. I have no DC locos and don't see them in my future (duh). I am looking into the booster by Bachmann as I do believe I will need it in the future. I run a 0-6-0 steamer and three diesels. The Longtimers ( sounds better than oldtimers) do help us beginners. I was almost persuaded to use a different system but I am glad I went E Z Command.