News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC controler

Started by JMC, April 06, 2011, 06:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMC

Can anyone tell me What controller will hook up to my E-Z Command controller sothat I can run non DCC Locomotives.
Thanks
JMC

ACY

Hooking up a DC controller to your E-Z Command will not give you the ability to run a Dc loco, as the E-Z Command already has the ability to run one DC loco however I strongly suggest that you do not utilize it due to the great risk involved of causing damage to your loco by leaving it on live track (all track is live with a DCC layout even when the dial is at 0, unless the track has a toggle switch). If you leave the loco on live track for more than a few minutes or run the loco for a very long duration then you will probably cause damage to it. I suggest either installing a DCC decoder in the loco, or running the loco with a DC controller. If using E-Z track you can easily switch between a DC and DCC controller by switching the feeder wires between the two controllers. The only advantage gained by adding a DC controller to the E-Z command is that it frees button 10 for an extra DCC loco. When doing this to do not plug in your E-Z Command only provide power to the Bachmann standard DC controller.

JMC

Thank you Both for info.

JMC