News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44 ton dcc?

Started by kamerad47, March 14, 2011, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamerad47

I have a newer 44 ton dcc , I would like to get it running a slower speeds better  (very jerky & lurches)  would putting in a differant decoder in it work ?? I'm trying to get to run like the 45 ton!! or is just not possable ????

richg

Remove the capacitors from the PC board and Install a Digitrax DZ125 decoder. It will run better. TCS has a nice small decoder that also has a 1 amp rating. There are tabs on the PC board where you remove the DC clips and connected the decoder wires. I have the 44 ton DCC ready and I remember the connection points.
If you have the DCC on board version, no idea. The paper work might show something. My 44 ton paper work showed me where to connect the decoder.
Below is suppose to be the DCC on board version according to the diagram page.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/62201.pdf

Rich

kamerad47

Has anyone tried to make better electric pick ups for the 44 ton ??? Does the older spectrum series 44 ton have differant pick ups??? The 45 ton has differant pick ups & runs smooth I 'm trying to get lt (44 Ton) to run better is it possible???

richg

Quote from: kamerad47 on April 17, 2011, 07:48:24 AM
Has anyone tried to make better electric pick ups for the 44 ton ??? Does the older spectrum series 44 ton have differant pick ups??? The 45 ton has differant pick ups & runs smooth I 'm trying to get lt (44 Ton) to run better is it possible???

The two motor 44 ton I put a DZ125 into had all wheel pickup and ran fine with clean track and clean wheels.
My two single motor 44 ton have all wheel pickup and also run just fine with the LokSound decoder.
Clean  track, not looks clean but you have cleaned the track.
I use a Q tip with alcohol to clean the wheel threads and backs of the wheels.
Many think, looks clean.

Rich

kamerad47

The one I have has the bar that ues's  the axle for pickups (44 ton) the 45 ton has wheel wipers for pickups !!!!  The  2 are like night a day running?? same track 45 ton runs great! I was thinking of solding wipers to the bar for pickups on the 44 ton. Has anyone tried this ??