News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adding sound to DCC equiped 4-8-4's.

Started by Stampsmantrain, April 04, 2011, 08:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stampsmantrain

I bought two MRC sound decoders. I want to add them to two Bachmann 4-8-4 Niagars that are DCC equiped. I need instructions for this do you have? ???

richg

Pull the decoder out of the tender. Plug in the decoder. Fit the speaker into the spot for the speaker. Put the shell back on.
Remove the capacitors from the PC board
Notice, lack of info. \Which decoder model #?
What size speaker?
Does the decoder have a 8 pin plug?
Post a photo of the decoder and speaker.
Have not looked at the loco diagram so do not know if there is a place ready for the speaker.
Some tenders have no speaker opening. Some do.

Rich

Stampsmantrain

It is a MRC 1665 sound only decoder. They do have a place for the speaker. Thanks; Stampsmantrain

richg

Quote from: Stampsmantrain on April 05, 2011, 08:27:24 AM
It is a MRC 1665 sound only decoder. They do have a place for the speaker. Thanks; Stampsmantrain

Take some pictures when you do this. MIght help if you are not sure of some details.
Some others may like it as the sound decoder cost less than other brands. If you are happy with the sounds, then go for it. It is your railroad. Many rivet counters do not like the cheaper sound decoders.

Rich

r0bert

For the sound only module,
connect the red wire to the tender right side rail pickup, and the black wire to the left side rail pickup.
mount speaker over grill in the tender floor, and secure the sound module board down with double stick foam tape.
program to same address as loco motor decoder.