News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO 0-6-0 Boy Scout Eng.

Started by R.R.smurf, April 07, 2011, 11:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.R.smurf

Hello
I have the HO scale 0-6-0 eng Bachman makes this eng for Bradford exchange (Hawthorne village Boy Scout  train)
I would like to kit bash this eng so it is a 2-6-0 or a 2-6-2 eng.
But I do not know what pilot truck or trailing truck and parts to use from Bachman to do this conversion. Can some one help me with this so I get the parts I need? Note this 0-6-0 has a tender and is NOT the 0-6-0 sadel tank eng.
Thank You
John Murphy  :)
John Murphy

ACY

Actually if you want to make a prototypical 2-6-0 or 2-6-2, you would not be able to use Bachmann's 0-6-0. Bachmann's 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 locos are not based on any prototype loco.

R.R.smurf

Thank You ACY
Just like to make the eng from a 0-6-0 to a 2-6-0 or a 2-6-2
in this case not looking to make it  prototypical.
John Murphy

Pacific Northern

It this is the HO standard engine then you are in luck.

The parts department had the pilot wheels and the trailing wheels for their 2-6-2 available.

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_68_212&sort=20a&page=1

As that is the same engine as the 0-6-0 they wil fit.

You can order the parts on line.
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

Smurf-

Bachmann's 0-6-0, 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 all have the same chassis and body. All you have to do to make an 0-6-0 into a Mogul or Prairie is add the pilot and/or trailing trucks. Good luck with your project.
                                                                                                                 -- D