Main Menu

DCC

Started by razorback, April 18, 2011, 09:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback

Dear Bach-Man,
Where could I get a DCC engine for an E-Z track

ACY

If you live in the United States or Canada, any local or not so local hobby shop should carry one. Alternatively, you can purchase one from a mail order retailer if within North America. If outside that area you can ask sellers on ebay or other online retailers if they ship to where you live.

Jim Banner

I see from your email address that you live in one of the 14 states served by Quest.  You should have no problem finding DCC equipped H0 locomotives either in your area or on line.  E-Z Track is a convenient form of H0 track.  Virtually all H0 and 00 locomotives will run on it.  The only exceptions I know of are Marklin and Hornby 3 rail.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

razorback

what would be the cheapest price for then because after i bought the e-z i only have 50 bucks left

ACY

The cheapest regular price DCC locomotive from any manufacturer is $79 from Bachmann. However, if they are on sale you can get them for $50-$60 plus tax and shipping if applicable.

razorback

would it be smart to put the track on carpet and run the automotive

razorback

what might it be if it were from another place

ACY

One thing that you want to avoid id setting up your track on carpet especially if you have pets or other things that may not be good for your locomotive.

razorback

would it be good on lanolim

ACY

Atlas DCC locos at regular price start at $160, that is the next lowest, and on sale they are all still over $100. \
The floor is usually bad, try getting some bench-work built and setup a 4'x8'.

Jim Banner

Setting the track up on a linoleum covered floor is much better than on a carpet.

If you can deal on eBay, have a look at the seller who uses the name thefavoritespot.  He presently has a number of Bachmann DCC equipped FT A diesel locomotives with a buy it now price of $31.  If you live in the USA, shipping will add about another $10.  This link will take you to just one of his locomotives at this price: 
http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-HO-TRAIN-FT-A-DCC-EQUIPPED-D-RGW-60117-/190512369490?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2c5b6c0f52
I have dealt with thefavoritespot many times and have never had a problem.  And I doubt you will find a lower price for a brand new locomotive that has DCC on board.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

mf5117

I've bought DCC Bachmann gp-40's for as little as $43.00 at our Hobby Shop . 

Doneldon

razor-

I endorse the Favorite Spot which Jim Banner mentioned. I have purchased things from them in the past; it was always a good experience.

Linoleum is only fair as a place for your trains. All floors present risks beyond being stepped on, i.e., lint, dirt, tiny metal particles and other things which can get into your motors and bearings and screw things up. You'll also have trouble keeping your track assembled unless you have roadbed attached track like Bachmann's EZ Track. That can make for frustrating operations, in addition to asking for problems with your mechanicals. Still, a hard surface like linoleum, tile or wood is much better than carpet.
                                                                                                           -- D

timhar47

modeltrainstuff.com (M B Klein) has a CB&Q FT Diesel DCC on board for $29

irwins5

my dcc wont work with my dcc equiped engines have tried everything no luck