News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G-Scale Installation

Started by Mad-Dog, April 19, 2011, 12:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad-Dog

Just started with an install for G-Scale model.  Have all the details for a simple track set-up. Elavated track in a 10' x 12' room.  Train is running ok but I need help with cornering radius because am causing one car to derail on the front set of wheels.
Also need some advice & help to activate the whistle and bell.  There are two contacts extending downward from the center of the engine. These must  activate
the bell and whistle but need help on particulars.  Thanks in advance.

richg

You might also try posting in the Large Scale forum which is G Scale.

Rich

NarrowMinded

Check the gauge of the wheels to make sure they are not way out of gauge, you could compair them to a set from a car with out the derail problem.

make sure the trucks are moving freely and have enough range/pivot to make the turn. 

make sure the cars in front and in back of the derailing car aren't contacting it or causing a binding condition.

if all thes things are good try turning the car around or change its place in the train.

You could also add some weight to the car, this may cure the issue

I'm assuming you have checked your track for problems

NM

Loco Bill Canelos

Not sure what loco you have but most do not have a bell or whistle only the chuf chuff sound
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

NarrowMinded

Is your loco A Bachmann? My 4-6-0 had two pins that stuck down they were maybe 1/8" dia. and rounded on the end. if these are what you are talking about they are guides for and are next to the blind drivers. (center set of wheels with no flange) these are not for the bell or whistle as Bill mentioned there's no Bachmann Loco that has this feature, unless it was modified.

If its a L.G.B. Loco it may be the electrical pickup shoes you are writing about.

NM