News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC On Board does not run with Dynamis

Started by Ol Hoss, May 11, 2011, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol Hoss

???
I have a Bachmann 51605 URSA 0-6-0 on EZ Track and a new Dynamis handheld and controller. I went through setup per the instructions on page 8 of the guide. Nothing. So I changed the Loco address on the main to 10. Changed the name, symbol, and checked the steps to make sure they were on 28. Nothing. Not even light control. So I went through the checklist on page 22 of the guide. I checked the system menu; base ID =0, remote ID =0, base serial number =000000000, base info =HW 1.0, SW 1.0, remote info HW 1.0, SW 1.0
Any ideas? It's Bachmann on Bachmann controlled by Bachmann.

Olhoss

captain1313

Is the hand set communicating with the base?

Ol Hoss

Yes, the indicator light responds when in use. The signal strength was at full. No shorts. The STOP indicator off.

Ol Hoss

Ol Hoss

I went into the System Menu with the train on the track and after deleting the loco, I factory reset the whole thing.
Now the 0-6-0 works, lights go on and off, lights dim, goes forward and reverse. Then I went to Main Menu to change address, name, and symbol. I gave the loco a new name, changed the symbol, and changed the address from 3 to 5. Nothing.
I changed the address (only) back to three, and now it works again. This is OK for just one loco but what happens when I add another? Does the control go to the name or the address?

Ol Hoss

captain1313

Is the loco new or did you get it used?

captain1313

Sorry, I didn't see your last post.  Have you tried giving it a four digit address like maybe the road#?

BestSnowman

I don't know the specifics of the Dynamis but it seems to me that it's not writing the new address to the locomotive decoder.

Are you programming the decoder CV (based on the PDF online instructions start on page 16) or just updating the roster?
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Ol Hoss

Captain1313 - the loco is new
Snowman- I used Main Track programming. According to page 16 of the online pdf Setting the loco address is done when you configure the loco roster.

I guess the next step is to use Service mode and try the 4 digit address as you suggest. You'd think Bachmann train, decoder, and controller wouldn't be this difficult.

Ol Hoss

Well, finally success:)
I used Service Track programming and changed the address to its road# and it worked. Thanks, BestSnowman for your suggestion. PS. Take all your other locos off the the track when doing this or use a separate service track or they'll all end up the same (per the book).

Thanks again.

BestSnowman

Glad it worked for you, welcome to the world of decoder programming :)

Decoder programming can work great and be real seamless and easy... and sometimes things just don't work the way they are supposed to.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog