ADDING SOUND TO A BACHMANN SPECTRUM ARTICULATED STEAM LOCO WITH VANDY VC12 TENDE

Started by darticus, May 19, 2011, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

ADDING SOUND TO A BACHMANN SPECTRUM ARTICULATED STEAM LOCO WITH VANDY VC12 TENDER

Can anyone reccomend the procedure to use? It has factory DCC but I have to add sound. Should the tender be changed to a bigger one to hold a sound unit? Should the DCC unit be changed to one with sound or just use the sound of another unit and use the DCC thats in it. It is using the Vandy VC12 Tender. Thanks Ron

ACY

I can't give you specific advice, but using a larger tender couldn't hurt and you should use one decoder for both becuase you will probably be at least somewhat limited on space. Two decoders may not fit in the tender depending on the size.

darticus

Never bought a tender before. How do you know if its big enough and is correct for the loco I'm using. I would like to use a Tsunami micro 750 or a digitrax SDN144PS.Ron

Quote from: ACY on May 19, 2011, 05:45:18 PM
I can't give you specific advice, but using a larger tender couldn't hurt and you should use one decoder for both becuase you will probably be at least somewhat limited on space. Two decoders may not fit in the tender depending on the size.