News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-R Models Baldwin Shardnose

Started by skraf, June 11, 2011, 08:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skraf

I read somewhere that Bachmann bought the rights to the E-R Models Baldwin Sharknose.   Does this mean that someone will be providing a drop in DCC controller?  I have an A-B pair that I need controllers for, since Digitrax quit making them.   Any info at all would be helpful..

Thanks,

Rick

skipgear

They are really easy to hardwire a decoder in. Plenty of room for a DZ125 or equivalent. Just cut a couple traces on the light board and solder your decoder to them.

http://www.tcsdcc.com/public_html/Customer_Content/Installation_Pictures/N_Scale/E-R_Models/RF-16A%20BaldwinShark/N_ER_RF16A_Shark_Z2.html
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

poliss

After hardwiring a decoder to the light board be very careful how you fit it back on the chassis as the contacts  from the light board get behind the motor contacts very easily. Its essential to insulate the frame with Kapton tape as shown in the guide as the phosphor bronze contact strips tend to move and short out which can result in several fried decoders. Been there, done that.

E-R Models commisioned Bachmann to make the Sharknose. When E-R Models went bust Bachmann got the inventory.