News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Happy birthday to me gondola kits

Started by on30gn15, June 20, 2011, 11:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

Hey there;

For Happy birthday to me this month bought the two gondola kits which have been sitting at out little bitty LHS for 2 years.

Nice kits.
Except for they don't tell you that you need to install underframe before adding grab irons to end beams as underframe won't clear tabs which hold those grab irons on.

Oh well, kits aren't in this year's catalog anyway.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

g-guage_trains

Hi, I used a knife blade to cut a small indent in the underframe to clear the grab irons ends
alanrr

on30gn15

My brain didn't get that far  :D fidgeted the grab irons out then back in after underframe was in.

Exterior color is Testors spray 2957 Panther Pink, standard color of gondolas in On30 incarnation of company. Interior is Testors spray 1241 Wood. End beams are Testors Chevy Engine Red bottle paint. Bottom of carbody is flat black like frame molding.

If you may remember, or if not, okay either way, (or even if I ever said?) my little freelance traction line, Willow Creek Traction, a.k.a. Rock Island Narrow Gauge, is, in its various - slowly being poked along at - scale/gauge incarnations supposedly set on a large semi-tropical island.
Therefore rolling stock colors are fitting of the theme.

Loco looks tilted because it IS - just dropped body on motor block for photo, loco is being worked on.

Also need to get trolley wire made and hung.
later, Forrest

NarrowMinded

on30gn15

later, Forrest