News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 tenders and sound

Started by Railhound333, June 07, 2011, 09:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railhound333

I have a Bachmann 2-8-0 DCC equipped and would like to add sound to it and am inqiuring as to which tenders from other locos might be the same as the one which comes with the 2-8-0, hopefully finding a tender frame maybe from another loco in the parts section that is pre-punched for a speaker that will fit under the tender from the 2-8-0.

None are available in the 2-8-0 parts section pre-punched for a speaker.

Any help would be appreciated.

No, I don't want to place a speaker under the coal load, so don't even suggest it.

Thanks much.
"More Heat!......We need More Heat!!!!!

ACY

I am pretty sure none of them would fit underneath without quite a bit of modification, well except for other 2-8-0's that is. The Hicken, Vandy medium, and Vandy long, all won't work. The USRA long and Baldwin won't work, so you are limited to other locos with the USRA Medium. The original 2-6-6-2 had one but no sound or holes drilled. So you are basically just looking at a 2-8-0, if the non-sound ones don't have holes then you'd have to get a sound one.

Railhound333

Yea, I lucked out on my 2-10-0.  In the parts section they had a tender frame pre punched for a speaker for the Decapod.
It's going to make it much easier to add sound to the Russian.

What other Bachmann locos used the USRA Medium?

Thanks

ACY

Quote from: Railhound333 on June 07, 2011, 10:39:56 PM
What other Bachmann locos used the USRA Medium?
The only one that has holes would be the new 2-8-0 and maybe only the DCC sound version. No other Bachmann locos except for the original 2-6-6-2 used the USRA Medium, and their tender did not have holes drilled either.

Doneldon

Rail Dog-

Drilling holes for sound to get out isn't difficult at all.

-- D

Railhound333

Quote from: Doneldon on June 08, 2011, 01:06:58 AM
Rail Dog-

Drilling holes for sound to get out isn't difficult at all.

-- D

Yea, but it would be soo much easier if I had a tender frame that was pre-punched.

Thanks to all.