Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho car weight

Started by GRZ, April 17, 2011, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRZ

wondering what the NMRA says the weight of ho cars should be? GRZ

ACY

1 ounce of weight plus 1 ounce for every 2 inches of car length. So a 40 ft cars is about 5.5 inches so 1 ounce plus 2 ounces accounts for 4 inches, plus a half ounce accounts for another inch, plus a quarter ounce accounts for the last half inch. So in total a 40' car should be 3 and 3/4ths ounces.

GRZ

thank you both for your help GRZ

railsider

GRZ -- you cab ind the NMRA table on line (Google!) and down load a copy. I pasted mine to the platform scale I use to check cars, and added an inexpensive ruler to the top of the scale, so it's all right  there.

Happy rails to you ..............................................................

richg

Quote from: railsider on June 08, 2011, 07:12:00 PM
GRZ -- you cab find the NMRA table on line (Google!) and down load a copy. I pasted mine to the platform scale I use to check cars, and added an inexpensive ruler to the top of the scale, so it's all right  there.

Happy rails to you ..............................................................

Example of how this can be done. You can find all kinds of info on the 'Net with many links you can put in Favorites. I enjoys the challenge of searching out info that helps me with so many different issues

http://tinyurl.com/3oet8ks

Rich