News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Removal

Started by petergloor, June 12, 2011, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petergloor

I have a spectrum HO SD-45 on which I have removed the DCC decoder to run the loco on straight DC.
Now the headlights do not burn anymore. Do I need to change some wires for the LED's?

ACY

You should post this in the HO section you won't get many answers in the Plasticville section.

richg

Try to pay attention to which forums you are posting in.
I will answer anyway. Connect the light bulbs to the track pickups where the motor connects to. Hopefully the lights are 12 volt bulbs and not LED's. My 44 tonners use 12 volt bulbs so not an issue.

I just looked at th 45 ton diagram and I see instructions for converting back to DC. If all else fails, follow instructions.

Rich

CNE Runner

I don't know why one would want to remove the decoder, on a Spectrum locomotive, to run DC. The Monks' Island Railway runs a Bachmann Spectrum GE 45 tonner that is dual mode without any problems on DC. Yes, the start up voltage is higher; but it runs quietly and efficiently. The added bonus of leaving the dual mode decoder in place is that I can easily convert to DCC - at any point - without having to do a decoder installation.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"