News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Heavyweight Cars

Started by Pacific Northern, June 18, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I am curious why it is possible to purchase a Bachmann NW Spectrum J with a combine, coach and observation car in the train set or a Doodlebug which comes with a coach as well.

Why does Bachmann not make these Heavyweights available for sale?
Pacific Northern

ACY

If it is any consolation, they are often available separately on ebay, at train shows and elsewhere.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ACY on June 18, 2011, 03:26:32 PM
If it is any consolation, they are often available separately on ebay, at train shows and elsewhere.

It goes without saying that there is lots of "new" old stock Spectrum Heavyweight cars out there.

That was not the question.

The question is why are there Spectrum Heavyweights available in the Cavalier set and also with the Doodlebugs but none are being individually marketed at present?

Perhaps the Bach Man could answer?
Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear PN,
Not sure. I'll pass along your request.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

ACY

Quote from: Pacific Northern on June 19, 2011, 11:06:31 PM
It goes without saying that there is lots of "new" old stock Spectrum Heavyweight cars out there.

That was not the question.

The question is why are there Spectrum Heavyweights available in the Cavalier set and also with the Doodlebugs but none are being individually marketed at present?
I was saying often times you can find brand new (Not new old stock) cars that were taken from the Cavalier set and broken up for separate sale. If you look around you can find the brand new cars offered separately.

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

Doneldon

PacNo-

You raise an interesting question and I don't know the answer. The Bachmann heavyweights were/are very nice cars. They run pretty well, have excellent details and are nicely lighted. Bachmann would have to raise the prices to make a profit with them today but that shouldn't be a problem with other quality plastic passenger cars (e.g., Walthers, Rapido) selling for $60-70.
                                                                                                                                                                     -- D