News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heavyweight Coaches

Started by Pacific Northern, July 04, 2011, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Well my order of the new Con-Cor Coach sets arrived today.

I ordered several sets of these coaches and I am glad to say that all of the coaches ran right out of the box without any problems. I did follow the Con-Cor instructions and lightly oiled the wheel sets as recommended.

http://www.con-cor.com/HO-1920-1950-Heavyweight-Passenger-Cars.html

The detail on these coaches is on a parity with Walthers.  The only item I am watching carefully is the couplers, they are not kadee and for what ever reason Con-Cor has not said what brand they are. For now they are holding great.

My layout had 2% to 3% grades and the coaches have no problem, I can easily run six to seven coaches and an express car anywhere on the layout without the slightest hesitation or slipping.

The coaches all have interiors and lighting. Glad to say that with the lights off I do not see any light leakage from any of the cars. I do not normally run with lights out art all, still a nice feature. Also the cars are easily opened, so adding passengers, etc is easy to do.
Pacific Northern

jward

are the interior lights led's or bulbs?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Pacific Northern

Quote from: jward on July 04, 2011, 09:04:57 PM
are the interior lights led's or bulbs?

Lighting is LED's mounted in cuircut board positioned along roof. Super neat installation.

Con-Cor I just noticed has enclosed spare stirups. Neat,
Pacific Northern

Johnson Bar Jeff

I'm pleased with my set as well. My only "issue" is that with the lights, you can see that the seats are all empty.  :D

I suppose it's possible to open up the cars and install passengers, but if I tried that I'd surely break something.  ::)

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 05, 2011, 09:01:51 AM
I'm pleased with my set as well. My only "issue" is that with the lights, you can see that the seats are all empty.  :D

I suppose it's possible to open up the cars and install passengers, but if I tried that I'd surely break something.  ::)

Opening the coaches is very simple and easy. Hold the coach upside down, and from the middle on both sides pull the exterior shell outward. The bottom of the coach will lift away from the roof section.

I will be doing a bit of painting of the interior and adding passengers, as you say with the lights on it looks empty.
Pacific Northern

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Pacific Northern on July 05, 2011, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on July 05, 2011, 09:01:51 AM

Opening the coaches is very simple and easy. Hold the coach upside down, and from the middle on both sides pull the exterior shell outward. The bottom of the coach will lift away from the roof section.

Sounds like that would be easy if I had three hands--one to hold the car and two to pull gently on the shell.  ;)  :D

Pacific Northern

Perhaps you should not purchase these cars then and buy another brand that would be more simpler for you.
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

PacNo-

Your abrupt and testy reply to JBJ stunned me. I don't see his
comment as snide at all, especially with a cheesy smile and a
wink attached via the emoticons
                                                           -- D

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on July 07, 2011, 01:57:44 AM
PacNo-

-- D

Thank you.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Doneldon on July 07, 2011, 01:57:44 AM
PacNo-

-- D

Who could of missed the happy faces? I just do not use them myself.
Pacific Northern