News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann GN doodlebug...

Started by tac, July 30, 2011, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

J ust picked up a BNIB H0 doodlbug in GN livery from ahem-bay at a price that could barely have covered the shipping.

After running it in on rollers over night it runs as sweet as a nut and is a real credit to the makers - the paint is perfect and the level of detail, even down to the windshield wipe and fine grab rails is all i could wish for in a mass-produced model - even though it cost me $25.  ;D

I am SOOOO pleased with this little item.  All I need now is an old-style baggage car to haul ahint it.

tac - mostly Fn3, but occasionally an H0-er, too.
www.ovgrs.org

richg

They are really sweet with the Winton Distillate engine sound. I think it was about 600 hp.

Rich

Doneldon

tac-

Jazz it up a little. Start with a heavyweight open-end observation for your towed car. Panel a couple of windows at the A end and add a baggage and/or mail apartment. Then use the back end of the obs as your first class parlor car for those passengers willing to pay a little more for a comfortable seat and maybe a cocktail. No, I haven't done this myself ... yet. I do plan to do this once I get around to my own Spectrum gas-electric.
                                                                                                                                                                                          -- D

tac

Good plan!  I have a scad of Bachmann's excellent GN heavyweights that I can futz around - three observation cars, for some reason.

Thanks for the tints and hips!

tac
www.ovgrs.org