News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hello Mr. Bachmann

Started by Chesticus, July 19, 2011, 02:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesticus

I have 2 spectrum 2-8-0 consolidations that need repair beyond my skills. Do I box them up with a check for the $25 each for repair? These are some of the best running in my fleet and I would like to get them back into service.

Jim Lowery

jettrainfan

I'm not Mr. Bachmann but the way I sent my engine in was I wrapped it up and put $20 in with a note of the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ACY

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement (prices subject to change):
$25.00 -Standard DCC and Spectrum® N and HO
Orders, repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:
Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Fax: 215-554-6734
Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910.
    Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
    Technical Support: Ext.337
    Repair Status: Ext. 331
    Customer Service Manager: Ext.304

Before sending anything in, it is best to contact Bachmann by phone, and I think it would be better if you sent a money order, but ask them to make sure they accept checks.

Chesticus

Yeah it has been a while since i have had to send anything in. In fact i have only had to send one engine off for repair. Back then it was only $15. But $25 is fine. I will call them in the morning. Thanks for the reply people. I miss these forums.

Keep em on the rails...

Jim

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
Yes. It's always a good idea to call first. Then we can be on the lookout for your package.
Have fun!
the Bach-man