News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Ballast Regulator #16947

Started by czechwizard, July 26, 2011, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czechwizard

Hi, I'm about to buy this model.

http://www.ioffer.com/buy/ho-spectrum-ballast-regulator-w-dcc-maintenance-vehicle-206526212-czechwizard-10222970

It's advertized that it's DCC, decoder equipped right from the factory, but the official Bachmann website says only the following, not DCC !

" We're pleased to offer three self-propelled Maintenance of Way vehicles. A perfect addition to any post-steam railroad, the vehicles are available in standard safety yellow and are easily customizable.

Features include:

• self-propelled
• precision skew-wound motor
• finescale interior detail
• die-cast gravel load (per prototype)
• RP25 wheels
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers

Price: $85.00

Product Code: 16947 "

So is it DCC factory-equipped or not ? Anybody has it ? Self-propelled, what ? I would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

the Bach-man

Dear Wiz,
It's DCC ready. You supply and install the decoder of your choice.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

czechwizard

So it's got an 8-pin plug, the shell easy to remove, to put in a Bachmann plug and play decoder, for example ? Can a non-expert like me handle installing it ? 

ACY

If I am not mistaken there is no 8-pin plug, it is just DCC ready as in everything is insulated.

Doneldon

cz wiz-

There isn't much room inside this MOW vehicle so you'll need to use a really small decoder. The Digitrax DZ125 puts out 1.0 amp (plenty) and should fit. It's all wires, if I recall correctly, which should actually help with the installation since you'll be able to trim off wires which you won't need.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           -- D

czechwizard

Wires ? Oh my, I cannot solder, or anything, I'm a philosopher, a writer, so I cannot buy it like that, DCC ready. Thanks for putting me off, the seller just lies, and I almost bought it. This forum's advice is very valuable.

Doneldon

cz wiz-

Soldering really isn't difficult. It's even easy if you
know a few tricks which most anyone on this board
can share with you.
                                          -- D