Ever see a train running at eye-level around the middle of a Christmas tree??

Started by N.H.&I.railfan, July 22, 2011, 06:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.H.&I.railfan

Does anyone on this board have or remember Bachmann's Trim a Tree n scale ac powered freight train set sold during the 1990's? It was quite unique featuring a track system holding a circular track from the center of a real or artificial Christmas tree at about mid tree or eye level height. A real visual treat and conversation piece for all who saw it. Just the other day, a tv shopping service featured a cheap battery operated version which sold out within minutes before the presentation was even finished. Wonder if Bachmann might consider reissuing an updated version of this set, possibly with a holiday themed loco and rolling stock? This could be a definite merchandise winner for Bachmann. Thoughts on this from fellow forum members or the Bachmann Man?

NarrowMinded

I remember a product like that but didn't  recall who made it

NM-Jeff

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

NarrowMinded

You could make one I would use small scale for sure or your tree may wobble withthe rotation of the train.

I have often thought of building a circle bridge for around the tree at Christmas to elevate the train instead of having my g scale under the tree.

NM-Jeff

john tricarico

it was made by bachmann in the late 90s

CNE Runner

I have just the layout design for you...especially if you have a cat(s). This is from the fertile mind of Carl Arendt and is on his website:
We have a feline who is fascinated by model trains and would love this layout (if she could get her cleaning staff to build it).

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"