News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

value of rock island 2119

Started by jsdranger, August 03, 2011, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsdranger

can anyone tell me the value of the rock island 2119 train 2-8-0 loco.  it has DCC already installed and runs perfectly.

I have seen online prices ranging from 120-190 but i am looking for a realistic price.  does it fall in between those 2 numbers or does it fall in the higher range or lower range.

what would you buy it for if i was to sell it to you?

Thanks

ryeguyisme

depends really, these engines were mass produced by bachmann for a number of years and there's alot of them out there I've picked my spectrum one up for roughly $30 but thats because no one else bid on the train set it was in(my luck)

normally i'd see these going anywhere between $50 and $70(brand new) the value depreciates over time as newer thing comes out just like the original bachmann plus 2-8-0's used to be around $100 each now you can easily pick one up for $15-20

if you're trying to make money on one my biggest suggestion as an experienced buyer/seller is sell it in the winter time, there's more demand then

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I got one a little over 3 years ago. So I have a feeling that was when the Rock Island 2119, which is the one I have, was a new model but I am not sure. But I got it from hobby town, 3 years ago, for about $120.

ACY

Since you have ran it, it probably is not completely mint, so I would say about $30-$40, if it is mint then about $40-$50.