Best brand of turnouts and track for problem free operations

Started by canpac, July 31, 2011, 10:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canpac

New to On30 and am looking for all the "experts" out there as to their choice of turnouts and track for On30 operations. I notice that some of my locos die or lose some of their power on Peco insulfrog turnouts. I have seen several postings in other forums touting the Micro Engineering Code 83 track and turnouts as the best way to go. Using Atlas code 100 HO track now with Peco HO Insulfrog turnouts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

NarrowMinded

I use peco with live frogs for my ON30, my turnouts are completely isolated from the rest of my track and power runs though the Slowmotion aux switches, my 0-4-0 porters run through them at scale slow speeds with out a problem.

NM-Jeff

Anubis

Definitely Peco On30 (O-16.5) Electrofrog turnouts.

My only gripe with them is that they are only available in "Medium" radius LH and RH, and a Wye......

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

ebtbob

Good Evening,

I use Micro Engineering On30 flex track.    I made my turnouts from Peco HO scale turnouts,  remounted on wood ties.   But......if I were starting now,  I would use Litco turnouts.  You can find more info on those turnouts by doing a search of Light Iron Digest magazine.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stevelewis

I have  been 'in' 0n30  since  its   introduction  and  have  always  used  Peco  0-16.5/0n30  turnouts,

I have never  had  any problems  with    any of  them  and   I guess   I must  have  used over  100 now  on various  layouts  I have  built both for myself & others!

The only thing  I have  noticed  is  the  gradually  incresing  price  ( like all things  these days)

When  I first  bought  them  they  were  around UK£ 4.00  today  the  best  discount  price  is  around UK£11.00
I have seen them  being  offered on eBay  for  £14.00!! 
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

tac

Bore da, Mr Lewis!! Nice to see you over here, too!

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Stevelewis

Hi  Tac

How  ya  doin'    I have  forsaken  the  Garden  Line  sold  the  lot  last  year,  weather  over  here   is  getting  me  down, since  we  moved  house  5  years  ago  we  havnt  had  a  summer,  just  a lot  of  rain,  mind  you thats  Wales  for  you!!
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!