News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Walthers Proto 2000 NYC #4068 #920-31710

Started by jsdranger, August 01, 2011, 05:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsdranger

Can anyone provide me with information about this train - Walthers Proto 2000 NYC #4068 #920-31710 Sound

is this a good loco, a bad loco, what is the word about it.  i am trying to find it online and am having a difficult time.  maybe i am just looking in the wrong places, but google keeps pointing me to walthers website, and a couple other links that dont even show this loco

any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

richg

Protos are pretty good. I do not know what type of sound decdoer those have . I did my own.  I have a H12-44 FM with Tsunami.
Go try the below forum where you will find a lot of answers for proto in case you do not find much info here. I see threads about protos fairly often.
Big site. Use the Model Railroader, DCC Electrical forums. Many people from all over are there.
These forums are mostly about Bachmann but some here have other products.
Very easy to sign up.

http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/

I did a quick search in that forum and found this dated Feb, 2011.
I just received an announcement from Walthers that they are going to start using SoundTraxx Tsunami decoders in their Proto 2000 products instead of the QSI systems that have been used in the past.

Rich

Reinhard S

Hi.

I do not have this particular model number however I purchased a Proto 2000 NYC EMD E7A Phase 1 unit last year and have had no problems with it at all along with the other 3 Proto 2000 locomotives on my pike.  It comes with a QSI sound/motor decoder and I believe 2 speakers rendering very good sound.  The engine crawls at speed step 1 (when using 128 speed steps) and accelerates smoothly.  The overall quality of the unit is top shelf from the paint to the details.  I recommend Proto 2000.

All the best.

Reinhard