News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012: Your Predictions

Started by therailwayinspector, August 06, 2011, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwtaerMK2

We all know how high Ducks demand is so...

Locomotives:
-Arry & Bert
-Stanley
-Rosie
-Hiro
-Dart & Den

Rolling stock:
-Small china clay truck(From Percy's predicament)
-China clay wagon(From Pop goes the diesel)
-Old van(From A close shave)
-Bolster wagon(From Henry's forest)
-8 ton wagon(From series 3)
-Break down train
-Sodor works unit coach
-Rocky
-More troublesome trucks

Off rail:
-Trevor
-Butch
-Brendam crane(Big Mickey)
-Elizabeth

Humans:
-Lady hatt
-Dowager hatt
-Alicia botti
-Jem cole
-Bridget hatt
-Stephen hatt

Sets:
-Edward with the cattle wagons
-Henry with the flat wagons with forest logs(Flat wagons with forest logs are exclusive)
-Percy's mail run

Assortments:
-Thomas,Annie & Clarabel
-Percy, 2 Mail vans,Brake van(Re-desinged)

Multi packs
-4 pack:Harvey,Oliver,George,Troublesome truck #3(George & Harvey are exclusive)
-4 pack:Sidney,Norman,Paxton,Salty(All minus salty are exclusive)
-2 pack:Donald,Douglas
-2 pack:Bill,Ben,
-3 pack:Thomas,Percy,James(Re-desinged)
-3 pack:Diesel 10,Dart,Den(Diesel 10 is exclusive)

Cheeky_ULP

Bachmann isn't Learning Curve. It'd take them over 3 years to dish out that many new products, over half of which I doubt Bachmann would ever do.

ClearwtaerMK2

But learning curve & fisher price are already getting the lead.That's why I wanted bachmann to come into the spotlight.I for one am sick of seeing just Wooden railway,Take-n-play & Trackmaster where ever I go.

branmas

Cheeky_ULP

They're in the lead because their products take less time to develop than Bachmanns. A lot less, and to add, they can dish out a lot more. They dominate the Thomas market because they're the main toys children play with. Bachmann model trains aren't that, the Thomas models lie within the world of the model train hobby. It's a pretty different market. It's why you don't see normal HO trains at places like Wal Mart and Target. A three pack set for a Wooden model could come around to.. $30 dollars? A multi engine pack for HO/OO could easily value to $120 or more. It's not ideal.

thomasj219

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on September 16, 2011, 07:03:34 PM
But learning curve & fisher price are already getting the lead.That's why I wanted bachmann to come into the spotlight.I for one am sick of seeing just Wooden railway,Take-n-play & Trackmaster where ever I go.

That is silly, Thomas Bachmann models will not be stocked everywhere as they are for older kids. Plus Bachmann would never be able to make all that and most of it I doubt they will ever make. Young children buy the wooden as they are not as expensive and have a wide range of engines. No one is in the lead it is all the Thomas name.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

I think thomasj219 and sparks have a very good point :) .
After all I would be very suprised to see bachmann thomas engines at my local Target. :P

BillingsRR

It is hard to compare a wooden, or should I say plastic, toy to an actual operating model train.

Bachmann is not the type of company who markets for Target and Walmart, they market for hobby shops. They are not a toy company, they are a model railroad company who just happens to make a Thomas & Friends line. Learning Curve was founded to make Thomas Wooden Railway. While Bachmann was founded to make sunglasses (I think, I know it was not model trains when they first opened) and branched into model trains in the midish 1900s.

I do not think we will see many characters past Season 8 introduced in the line. I do not think Hiro, Stanley, Dart, and Den have a chance. Rosie, maybe, as she is a female and if she is introduced it may help keep the parent activists away.

You will not see Bachmann in Target or Walmart, ever, excluding the slight possiblity of Christmas. They just do not go after that market. 

BillingsRR

It may be annoying, but it will not be happening.

trainguy73

Ho scale
engines: Duck,Arry,Bert
rolling stock: red branch line coaches, rocky
vehicles:Trevor

Large Scale
engines: Emily

Dhood

Why doesnt bachmann ask a question on thier facebook page and let us vote on that? don't know about you but I'd love to see (all large scale) a mail car (for my Percy) and a break van and S.C.RUFFY  ;D

Cirkit:)

I think I want to revise my predictions now that 2012 has actually come.

Engines:

• Duck- Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised. Engines 1-7, 9 & 10 are all accounted for, he's popular with kids and adults alike, and, well.. I just really want to see him running.
  • Arry and Bert- Modify Bachmann Diesel and give the model new faces, and viola! The Iron Twins. I wouldn't mind two more troublemakers running around the layout, as long as they don't have the soft smile that no longer 'Devious' Diesel has. Maybe the smug smile for Bert, and an open-mouthed laughing face for Arry.

If I were to include another engine, I think someone like Stanley, Rosie, or perhaps an engine like Oliver or Daisy. More likely the former two than the latter.
[/list]

Rolling Stock:

• The Red Tree/Pipe trucks from Henry's Forest/ Percy's Big Mistake. Bachmann could have fun loading up either loads or both, and I'm pretty sure kids would have fun finding loads to put in them as well. I could think of a few uses (like transporting sweets) of my own.
  • The Red Coaches. Thomas gets his own coaches, Emily too(I'm not counting Gordon's express), why not get a set of lovely small coaches your engine can pull around? They've been seen with various engines in various seasons, I bet they'd be fun..
  • Toad. A brakevan with a face. What more could a kid want from a Thomas model range. Of course, I would like to see Oliver released as well, just to have the pair together.. but with or without the Western companion, Toad would be cool to have on a layout. Just maybe not with the S12 CG face..
  • A new van or truck. I would like to see that smooth van with the big laughing face, like in "A Close Shave". That would be awesome.

A black or dark brown guard's van would also be nice.
[/list]

Non-Rail:

• STH's car. Because not everyone can get the ERTL toy. And, to be honest, I think the TakeNPlay car is a bit too wide.
  • The Horrid Lorries. Or just one Lorry. Or the faceless version. Just something to add to a layout. Again, like the Tree Truck, it would be fun to find loads for it.

Buildings/Accessories:

• That signal gantry was a very good idea, Sparks. I sort of want to see it made now..
  • Another station, like Ffarquar or maybe a one platform version of Wellsworth that can be added on to.
  • A level crossing.

Possible Sets:

• Percy's Seaside Trip (like the song): Featuring Percy, the two Red Coaches, a oval of track, and something to tie in a beach theme, like umbrellas and towels.
  • Stanley(or Rosie)'s Special Delivery: Featuring Stanley(or Rosie, I think I'd prefer the latter), a Green Coal Truck with load, A Red Tree/Pipe car with load (more likely pipes), A vent van(or that van with the face I was talking about earlier), and a oval of track. Maybe with a siding, buffers, and a signal. 

I don't think I'll be doing any Large Scale predictions. We know Emily's coming soon, and Toby, Edward, or Diesel will most likely follow if the range continues. A guard's van would be nice. In grey this time please!

Those are my thoughts.. so.. woo. Enjoy 2012!
-Cirkit

RW James

It would be nice to see a station building to go with the Knapford platforms.

Another thought: Now that they have the glass canopies for Knapford, they could do the same thing the TV show did, use them for Tidmouth station.
Rick

fighter4luv

Rather than predictions, coz who knows what HiT will allow to be made in 2012, the following is a list of things I'd love to see any of released this year

Engines: Duck, Oliver, Daisy, Boco, Stepney, Diesel 10, Lady, Harvey, Stanley

Rolling Stock & others: Hector, James' new trucks, Rocky, old red coaches, Spiteful Break van, cloth covered trucks, log flatbed, breakdown train with works unit

deviousdiesel10

Im with you 100% Fighter when it comes to Lady! :D But,I dont think HiT thinks Lady deserves to be made.If it was my decision,the engines to be made this year would be Lady,Diesel 10,and of course DUCK!!!!!