News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Is this "old" or what?

Started by BlueFox, August 12, 2011, 10:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFox

You guys are nuts!!! ;D  You made me remember way back in my HS days (59-62) when I first switched over to HO from American Flyer S gage and I had my first HO loco made by Revell.  I don't remember just what type but is was an F7 type and boy did it scoot! ;D  It would go so fast it would throw itself off the tracks when it went into any curve.  It was blue and yellow, probably AT&SF, I don't remember now it's been so long ago but it wound up all scratched up and looked like it had been through a war! :D

Back to the original post:  I removed the DCC decoder board and put it back to regular DC and replaced the burned out lights.  It now runs fairly decient (but still has lousy pulling power but the low speed is good now) and somebody took the time to do a decient job of detailing it, even the trucks are detailed.  Not a bad looking loco even if it is an old "pancake motor" type engine.  It was fun working on the old thing even if I don't plan on using it except to show it off.  Too bad I couldn't use the shell on another better running chassis.  It would fit on a Con-Cor chassis but the couplers mount differently; on the chassis of the old Bachmann and on the shell of the Con-Cor (sigh).  It was a good try, tho.

Nathan Jahreis

Remembering a forum I read about the hustlers.  Some guys would have races with them, and this one girl (if my mind serves me right) put little tubes on the motor shaft to make it go faster.  Those were rubber band drives and the rubber band ran off of the motor shaft vertically down to the axle.  So I guess now I do know of a speed faster than light ;D
Listen birds - These signs cost - Money - So roost a while - But don't get funny - Burma-Shave

jward

ernst made a gear set for the hustler, which slowed them down to yard speed. their big problem was that long ridig frame. they'd find any flaws in your trackwork as the frame would not twist to cover uneven track the way most locomotives do.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA