installation of MRC Sounder

Started by lonesomewhistle, April 16, 2011, 02:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonesomewhistle

I just had an MRC Sounder Steam Decoder #1665 installed in my DCC equipped 4-8-2 Santa Fe tender. I cannot get the engine to run but the sound is always present no matter which address is used. I have checked the connections between the tender and the engine and the connection is good. I have other DCC equipped trains running on the same layout and they run just fine. The power source is a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center. The engine will opperate just fine on the layout that the installer has. What could possibly be wrong? 

jonathan

I could be wrong, but it sounds like an address problem.  Do you know for certain that the decoder's address is 03?  Perhaps the installer "did you a favor" and changed the address after installation.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jim Banner

I think Jonathan is probably right.  Have you tried changing the address using the instructions for changing an unknown address?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Eman627

Don't know if you're still here, but did you remove the stock Bachmann decoder, as the MRC decoder you are speaking of is SOUND ONLY. That means, you need two decoders, one for sound, one for movement. Also, do your other locomotives have the same decoder installed?