News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO GE-44t Engine

Started by Caboose, August 30, 2011, 10:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caboose

I have a GE-44t engine that has two motors.  I downloaded the diagram from the web site, but it showed an engine with one motor.
I can hear the motors running but the wheels do turn.  I disassembled the engine but I don't see the problem.  Does anyone have an idea what the problem is with this engine?

the Bach-man

Dear Caboose,
You have an older, two motor version.  Most of these have one motor burned out, as yours does. Where and when did you get it?
The new single motor version runs much better.
The good news is that On30 modelers love to get their hands on the old ones to use the small power truck!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

richg

Quote from: Caboose on August 30, 2011, 10:50:06 PM
I have a GE-44t engine that has two motors.  I downloaded the diagram from the web site, but it showed an engine with one motor.
I can hear the motors running but the wheels do turn.  I disassembled the engine but I don't see the problem.  Does anyone have an idea what the problem is with this engine?

I assume you mean, do NOT turn.

I had one of these and one motor would stop working. One brush would hang up every so often.
I would just touch the brush with a tiny screwdriver and it would make contact with the armature and star working.

Since it sounds like, BOTH motors are turning, the plastic gears on both trucks must be stripped.

I returned mine and got a DCC ready single motor version from Bachmann.

Rich