News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum passenger cars

Started by jerryl, September 06, 2011, 09:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryl

Need help in disassembling the Spectrum passenger cars. There are tabs on the bottom that look as if they could be pushed in, but don't seem to want to move.
                                                                  Thanks

jonathan

Jerrry,

You didn't say specifically which Spectrum Pass car it is.

I have a Spectrum Heavyweight Pullman diagram in front of  me.  I haven't tried to open mine up yet, but according to this, the roof is held on with a series of tabs.  I'm told you can squeeze in a thumbnail on one end of the roof and start to pry up (not too hard).

Are you thinking about lighting or detailing the interior?

Regards,

Jonathan

the Bach-man

Dear Jerryl
The tabs on the bottom are part of the roof/ window casting. The sides and floor are also one piece. The roof and windows will lift off.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

BillD53A

Use a small screwdriver to press each tab in, then place a toothpick between the tab and floor, to hold each one.  Then lift the entire roof off the car body.

jerryl

Quote from: jonathan on September 06, 2011, 06:22:01 PM
Jerrry,

You didn't say specifically which Spectrum Pass car it is.

I have a Spectrum Heavyweight Pullman diagram in front of  me.  I haven't tried to open mine up yet, but according to this, the roof is held on with a series of tabs.  I'm told you can squeeze in a thumbnail on one end of the roof and start to pry up (not too hard).

Are you thinking about lighting or detailing the interior?

Regards,

Jonathan
The interior already has seats & lighting, want to detail & repaint for the Blue comet. Thanks for your answer.   jerry