Bachmann Crossing with Flashing Lights and Bell Item# 46214

Started by Sparky782, September 10, 2011, 06:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky782

I did not go into all the particulars in my last post. I bought a Bachmann #46214 (Crossing with Flashing Lights and Bell). I have Bachmann EZ Track which is Nickel Silver with built in roadbed. I do not see of any way to make this crossing work. It just will not fit, the built in roadbed is too wide. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks David Godwin

Jim Banner

Would I be correct in guessing you bought this item used?  I seem to remember something like that in the days before E-Z Track.  My suggestion is to add a piece of regular track before your crossing and another one after it.  These could be shorter than a full 9" section.  Use some roadbed under the regular track to bring it up to the height of E-Z track.  This could be cork roadbed or 1/4" plywood or something similar.  Use some thin cardboard or styrene sheet to shim the track up to the the exact height.  With some grey or black paint and a bit of imagination, you should be able to make the roadbed indistinguishable from the roadbed attached to your E-Z Track.

You will likely have to build your road or highway up to match as well.  That is okay - there are lots of roads that rise at crossing to get over the raised railroad roadbed.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.