I'm looking at how crooked that headlight is

Started by on30gn15, October 09, 2011, 03:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

I'm looking at how crooked that headlight is and thinking I paid good money for this 4-6-0.
Interestingly, LHS has an old second-hand Reading 2-8-0 with ringfield motor and its h/l is just as crooked.
Am going to get the old 2-8-0 and turn it into a dummy unit to double-head with a 2-10-2 like one is a helper engine.

Granted, the 4-6-0 has sat in its box for several years through moves and life changes, but that h/l being that way from the factory on that quality a Spectrum model bugs me more and more and more.
Working on how to fix it without destroying it or the smokebox paint - guess it depends on how much super glue holds it on.
Have some super glue debonder but it is super runny and dissolves paint and styrene.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

richg

Bachmann years ago when made in the USA had quality issues. I had to get a couple things replaced when Bachmann was still USA made. I was able to call them and they shipped the replacemnt to me real quick.

Rich

Doneldon

On30-

Quote from: on30gn15 on October 09, 2011, 03:24:24 PM
Working on how to fix it without destroying it or the smokebox paint

I know a way: Send it back to Bachmann for a replacement. There is no excuse for such shoddy workmanship.

-- D

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

You could try ordering a spare body shell from bachmann in the same roadname as your 4-6-0 and swap the body shells. That would be my suggestion for the situation.