News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

volume control for spectrum steam engine

Started by Amtrack007, September 15, 2011, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amtrack007

hello everyone !
I bought a spectrum HO SCALE DCC Sound-Equipped USRA Light 2-10-2. I can not change the volume unless i program it's CV's, which i do not know about.  would anyone know of a good pot to use with these sound board?....wattage is 1 watt.  thanks in advance.

richg

Quote from: Amtrack007 on September 15, 2011, 06:58:38 AM
hello everyone !
I bought a spectrum HO SCALE DCC Sound-Equipped USRA Light 2-10-2. I can not change the volume unless i program it's CV's, which i do not know about.  would anyone know of a good pot to use with these sound board?....wattage is 1 watt.  thanks in advance.

Get a DCC controller and learn how to use it. The manual is here at the Bachmann site.
The Bachmann Dynamis is the one you need, not the EZ Command.
Your could take the tender apart and try soldering in a resistor. Call it experimenting, trying to find a suitable value. I work in electronics and I would never try this.
If you have to ask, I suspect you do not work in electronics.
This is the digital age.
You might find someone in your area who can do this on their DCC system. Maybe a LHS.

Rich

Amtrack007

anyone here has a dynamis controller?, don't want to shell out 400 bucks to adjust sound.  I just need the engine sound turned down, able to pay you handsomely....its a soundtraxx board. live in astoria queens NY, please be near by, i can come over for you to set up....thank you much !    8)

richg

I assume you have the Bachmann on board Tsunami.
The on board is different than the OEM Tsunami for some features/CV's. I think the same CV for volume though.
The person who is doing the CV adjustment probably knows this.
I have the on board Tsunami and OEM Tsunami.

Rich