News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis DCC and Proto 2000 0-8-0 engine

Started by kondre2000, October 04, 2011, 10:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kondre2000

I got a Dynamis system just a month ago, I haven't used it much yet, but I did test out some of my engines with it.  I have found that it does not seem to run my Proto 2000 0-8-0 engine.  I have had success with it running other engines with no problems.  The Dynamis does see the 0-8-0 and can communicate to it, I can get it to light up, whistle, bell, all that good stuff, but when I have the Dynamis instruct it to move either forward or reverse, there is no reaction from the engine. 
Am I experiencing an issue with provided amps vs needed amps?  or is there something else working against me here?

Thanks
Kevin

captain1313

Kevin
I have a BLI 2-8-2 that won't move until I throttle up to at least speed step 27 even though I have v-start set at 2 due to the voltage needed for that decoder.

Kevin

kondre2000

Well, I got it to work.  I did a factory reset on the engine.  From what I was told on another site was that if I re-addressed the engine with a 3 digit ID but did not have a leading 0, I needed to re-assign it.

So I took the magic wand that came with the engine, and reset it, and then with the dynamis looked for address 3, and bingo, it all worked perfectly.  now I just need to re-address it using the dynamis and I will be golden.

Kevin