HO gauge GG-1 & 2-8-2 Mikados

Started by Pat H, September 22, 2011, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat H

I've noticed that Bachmann is releasing a series of PRR GG-1 locos later this year but all are in DCC ready configuration with a large price tag of over $400.  Some of us with smaller or simpler layouts would love to add those GG-1 engines but the price throws us off. Will there be a DC or other lesser price edition of the GG-1 engines?

Second is that on the PRR, one of the primary workhorses was the L-1 class 2-8-2 Mikados. But other than the Mikado offered by Marklin, the only Mikados on the market are the L-2 light Mikado, of which the PRR only had 5.  May we expect to see a nice DC and/or DCC ready L-1 Mikado in the near future?

Thanks for your response.

Patrick H

rogertra

Quote from: Pat H on September 22, 2011, 12:32:32 PM

Second is that on the PRR, one of the primary workhorses was the L-1 class 2-8-2 Mikados. But other than the Mikado offered by Marklin, the only Mikados on the market are the L-2 light Mikado, of which the PRR only had 5.  May we expect to see a nice DC and/or DCC ready L-1 Mikado in the near future?

Thanks for your response.

Patrick H

We hope not.  There's already way to many PRR prototype models on the market already and they're all so obviously PRR as to be useless for anyone not modelling the PRR to use.

richg

Ask here for sources before buying. You do not have to pay the price you see in ads.

Rich

jettrainfan

Where did you hear about bachmann making a GG1?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ACY

I've noticed that Bachmann is releasing a series of PRR GG-1 locos later this year
Bachmann is not and will not be making any GG-1 locomotives any time this year, Williams by Bachmann is making an O scale GG-1 however. If you want an affordable HO scale GG-1 try finding an IHC model, the last one I saw at my local hobby shop was $75, standard DC and featured a live pantograph.

richg

Quote from: ACY on September 22, 2011, 06:16:18 PM
I've noticed that Bachmann is releasing a series of PRR GG-1 locos later this year
Bachmann is not and will not be making any GG-1 locomotives any time this year, Williams by Bachmann is making an O scale GG-1 however. If you want an affordable HO scale GG-1 try finding an IHC model, the last one I saw at my local hobby shop was $75, standard DC and featured a live pantograph.

I was wondering about that since this question is in the HO forum.

Rich