News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Modelling Gold Mines

Started by Dave, March 22, 2007, 05:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Have just moved from Australia back to New Zealand and I am going to include a Gold Mine in my New Garden Railway. Will On3 ore cars scale out ok as Mine cars. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
        Dave Cole

David

Take a look at Bachmann's ON30 V-Dump or side dump ore cars. Either will work well as Large Scale mine cars. Not only that, but you can use ON30 flex track.
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

Dave

Thanks for the reply David,
                       I will take a serious look at the Bachmann ore cars and then try to find an Electric Mine Loco to haul them around.
                                   Dave

glennk28

Grandt Line has a storage battery loco in On3 which can probably be had in On30 as well. 

Hamish K

Quote from: Dave on March 25, 2007, 04:05:44 AM

I will take a serious look at the Bachmann ore cars and then try to find an Electric Mine Loco to haul them around.
                                   Dave

Have a look at the Sidelines Large Scale range on the Pepper 7 site http://www.pepper7.co.uk/. They have some electric or battery storage mine locos that are Large Scale (1:22.5 I think) running on HO gauge track. They are resin kits and use Black Beetle or Tenshedo spud power units.

I have no personal experience of these kits.

Hamish

ForThemPanzerz

i volunteer at the midwests largest public g-scale layout at Taltree Aboretum & Gardens and i built a gold mine there and most of it was spare pieces of wood with a small section of cheap old HO track and i also had an on30 side dump car that looked perfect there but after about 1 1/2 months the paint started to faid and the bolts rusted but it did look good there. also the track surprisingly has not weathered one bit  :o
Forumfield