News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how old

Started by glenngtpc, October 06, 2011, 08:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenngtpc

I have a old Bachman train still in box with all the origional paperwork it says no# 5 Diesel Express item no# 00091 looking for how old and what it might be worth at sale?

jonathan

Glen,

While I can't find  a reference to your set at the moment, based on the Item number, your set has been around for a good number of years.

Today's basic diesel sets are not much over $100 at MSRP. Discount retailers will have today's sets at much lower costs.

Trainsets, especially HO trainsets, do not appreciate with age. Technology is improving exponentially.

If your set is complete and unused, you may fetch perhaps $15-20, if someone is after a particular roadname or needs a powerpack for some reason.

Just a guess of course.

Regards,

Jonathan

CNE Runner

I am also not familiar with your particular train set. I do, however, agree with Jonathan with regard to worth. If I had your set in our inventory I would be looking to get around $25 at a show (of course that assumes a lot...such as condition and if the locomotive runs). Sadly, it is the rare piece of HO equipment that has appreciated in value over time. Remember: something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

glenngtpc